DANCE FLOOR ETIQUETTE
Do's and Don'ts for a Fun Dance Experience
- Never come onto the dance floor carrying drink, glasses, cans or lighted cigarettes.
- Never stay on the floor to talk — if the music has started go off the dance floor to chat.
- When dancing near beginners - be mindful and courteous and don't show off.
- Don't start a different dance, unless there is plenty of room and you sense it is acceptable.
- Remember the floor is for everyone. Try to leave the outside lane clear for couple dancers.
- Those dancing around the outside lane have the right of way. Don't block their progress.
- When dancing around the floor, the line of dance 'LOD' is anti-clockwise. Never dance against the LOD.
- If the floor is crowded, take small steps, enjoy the company, but watch for collisions.
- If you should bump into someone , it is customary to apologise whether it is your fault or not.
- Should you accidentally knock over someone's drink replace it immediately.
- If possible start another line rather than join one which will block the outside lanes.
- Don't be tempted to stop dancing to teach, especially if there is no room. Try to teach off the floor if you can't find space.
- Never walk though a line of dancers to cross the floor — always walk round the floor or wait.
- Remember everyone was once a beginner, if you can dance do try to be helpful to newcomers.
- When starting off the dance, go to the front so that others can fall in behind you.
- And finally, keep your head up, keep smiling and enjoy yourselves.
Thanks to linedancemagazine.co.uk
The Newest Step Sheets & Videos
- CHIP AND A CHAIR
- TAKE IT FROM ME
- HOMETOWN GIRL
- EASY COWBOY
- PANTS ON FIRE
- PART TIME LOVE
- SO JUST DANCE DANCE DANCE
- IT TAKES ALL KINDS
- HAVANA CHA
- K IS FOR KICKS
- EYES FOR YOU
- BE ALRIGHT
- WHAT MAKES YOU COUNTRY
- YOU BROKE UP WITH ME
- YESTERDAY'S TOMORROW
- MAKE YOU MINE
- IF I WUZ U
- I CAN DO THIS ALL DAY
- DOWN ON YOUR UPPERS
- CHAMPAGEN PROMISE
- BOOTY TO THE FLOOR
- SWEET HURT
- TEMPORARY LOVE
- LIFE CHANGES